Believe

Believe
Believe

Welcome to my crafty corner

Thank you for dropping by. I hope you like what you see, please feel free to leave a comment or just say hello so l know you have passed through. Happy crafting and blogging x Susan x

Sunday 12 May 2013

My Other Passion

As l am spending a little less time in blogland l thought l would show you where else l hang out.  I have had problems with my shoulder for years and it is gradually getting worse so this year my husband and son have had to do all the digging :) This gives me more time for planting and other jobs. I am so pleased to have got back on top of it after David's accident as it was not kept up to in 2011 and last year was a struggle.

I have a half size allotment and this is the view of my half including my shed, l don't grow bottles - they are to frighten the birds and a guide to where l have planted.
I have planted - potatoes, onions, parsnips, carrots, swede, peas, mange tout, beetroot & cabbage so far and have lots more to go in - hope l have enough space.
I had 3 tonne of manure delivered last week which l am sharing with my allotment neighbour but am sure you don't want to see that lol 



This is another view from the top and my cabbages went in yesterday and we have to cover new plants or the birds pull them out and eat them, The canes are in ready for the runner beans

This is my strawberry bed, l try to keep it well weeded and will net them when fruit form

 This is my fruit area, l have a Victoria Plum tree, cherry & apple, raspberries, blackberries, tayberries, gooseberries (inc a gorgeous red dessert one), josterberries (makes gorgeous jam), blackcurrant, redcurrant and of course being in the rhubarb triangle we have rhubarb although it is a vegetable it would look rather silly in the veg area. 


I have a greenhouse at home which has lots of seedlings growing on ready to be planted out soon

Hope l have not bored you with my other passion.  
I have managed a card today but just need a few more details inside to add before l can show you.  
I will be back tomorrow with the new challenge over at Cutie Pies x Susan x

6 comments:

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely pics Susan, we share the same passion ... I will have to take some pics of my allotment.
Thank god my hubby has had the time to keep on top of ours. Since I went back to working full time in October lase year, and the weather this year, I have spent hardly any time on ours. But, Chris works evenings so he get chance to go to ours in the days, and has done a great job of keeping it tidy. Sue x

Kim said...

loved seeing the allotment Susan! I've just got a little garden and greenhouse - but love growing tomatoes and other bits & pieces! Keep thinking I'd like more space - but perhaps when we've both retired!
Kim x

Janice said...

Impressive Susan, indeed a lot of work but as you say, you look on top of things this year. Very tidy & I'm sure very enjoyable... when the sun is out! Jx

brenda said...

There is always something very satisfying seeing rows of newly sown crops Susan and the promise of lovely fresh veggies, there is nothing like the taste when they are fresh from the soil.

B x

downrightcrafty said...

love all the photographs bet this keeps you busy
Hugs Kate xx

Jules said...

Hi Susan

There is certainly a lot of time and effort gone into this other passion of yours .. .. I am well impressed. You certainly pull a lot into your days!

I am picturing those scrummy strawberries in a few weeks time now!!

Love Jules xx